Media Player is a necessary software to have on a Windows PC. Media Players allows you to play multimedia files like audios and videos. While Microsoft provides a default Windows Media Player, most users prefer to use other media players that offer more features. Below are the Top 10 Best Media Players for Windows 10/7 for 2020.
These days, users are looking to have softwares with multiple uses. Some of the Best Media Players for Windows also let you play 4K and 360-degree videos. Though each Media Player mentioned below has its unique features, appearance, and tools, most of them support all major media file formats and are compatible with all versions of Windows (32/64-Bit). Moreover, you can download and install these media players for free by using their download links.
10 Best Media Players for Windows 10/7 for 2020:
SMPlayer is one of the Best Media Players for Windows 10/7 that comes with built-in codecs and lets you play all audio and video formats. It also remembers the playback settings, so you can continue watching the video from where you left. It also keeps the audio, subtitles, and volume settings. You can also rotate, flip, and mirror the video as well as change its aspects ratio.
- Play all media file types, including lossless file formats such as DIVX, FLC, H.264, and more.
- Search and Play YouTube videos with the help of SMPlayer
- Change SMPlayer’s skin and icon theme.
- The Media Player is available in more than 30 languages
- Search and Download subtitles easily within the player interface.
- You can also add third-party skins and plugins, as SMPlayer is an open-source video player.
- Modify video and audio filters, change playback speed, adjust subtitles and audio delay, and more.
- Assign custom keyboard shortcuts and mouse click actions for convenience.
Click on the link to Download SMPlayer for Windows 10/8/7 for Free.
Winamp initially launched in the year 1997 as a simple media player, but in the year 2014, it was reintroduced as one of the Best Media Players for Windows 7/8/10. It has the largest community with more than 20000 free plugins and skins. You can also customize Winamp Media Player by changing the visualization settings. Moreover, you can also detach or close the sidebars for a more simplistic look.
- Download free third-party plugins and play rare file formats like FLAC, XM, MIDI, NSV, and more.
- Apply audio effects like Cross-fading, Boost 3D sound, X-Bass, Graphic Equalizer, etc.
- Winamp allows you to sync music between Windows PC and Android Phones while connected under the same WiFi network.
- Change the album information such as album art, tags, title, artist, genre, and more.
- Modify default Hotkeys and assign new ones for faster access.
- Furthermore, Winamp lets you import the iTunes library with a single click.
- It is also available in portable mode to save your hard disk space.
Click on the link to Download Winamp Media Player Free for Windows.
KMPlayer lets you play music and videos and also allows you to browse images. It is an HD media player, and you can even play UHD and 4K videos without losing the audio/video quality. It is also easy to set up and use the software as the user interface is simplistic and contains minimal distractions. The latest version comes with hardware acceleration and also supports external codecs.
- Play Ultra HD and 4K videos smoothly.
- Enhance your videos by using image processing functions like noise reduction, video screen adjustment, and more.
- It supports all subtitles file formats such as SMI, S2K, SRT, PSB, SUB, LRC, TXT, and more.
- Capture screenshots and record your favorite scenes/songs from the video.
- Moreover, you can also watch videos from several video streaming platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and more.
- You can also adjust the transparency of the KMPlayer media player.
- Being able to play 3D videos is one of the highlighted features of KMPlayer Latest Version.
Click on the link to Free Download KMPlayer Latest Version.
5KPlayer earned the right to be in the Top 10 Best Media Players for Windows list because of its unique features and tools. It uses TrueTheatre Technology that helps 5KPlayer to play HD videos without losing their audio/video quality. 5KPlayer has the most simplistic and attractive user interface compared to other media players. AirPlay and DLNA are two of the best and unique features of 5KPlayer for Windows.
- 5KPlayer is able to play UHD and 4K videos smoothly with lossless quality with the help of TrueTheatre Technology.
- You can conveniently capture multiple snapshots by using the capture button or by using the customizable keyboard shortcut.
- Automatically hides the controls while playing videos in fullscreen.
- Enjoy high-quality streaming with the help of DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) service.
- The AirPlay feature lets you mirror the screen with other devices such as Android phones, iPhones, TV, and computers with a single click.
- 5KPlayer also allows you to download videos from over 300 websites, including YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and more.
- Furthermore, you can convert and download the videos in MP3 format.
- It can also play partially damaged CDs and DVDs.
Click on the link to Download 5KPlayer for Windows PC.
6. Real Player:
Real Player is an all-in-one Multimedia Player for Windows that not only lets you play media files, but also helps you manage, download, trim, burn, and convert audio/video files. It supports all file formats and plays videos in their best possible quality, including HD.
- Download videos from various video-streaming websites such as Vimeo, Dailymotion, YouTube, etc.
- Convert videos to several other file formats, including audio file formats.
- Burn your favorite music, videos, pictures, and other media files to CD/DVD/Blu-ray disc quickly and conveniently.
- Protect your private videos by setting a password to open them.
- Manage all your media files under a single window.
- Real Player also lets you control audio and video quality.
- Store only the useful parts of the video by using the trim tool.
- Moreover, you can save your important and valuable media files on cloud storage.
Click on the link to Download Real Player Full Version for Windows 7/8/10.
5. QQ Player:
QQ Player is the most underrated Media Player on this list. Most people are not aware of QQ Players and its features. QQ Player Latest Version not only lets you play all media files but also allows you to cut, join, share, and convert videos as well as audios. It supports over a hundred media file formats. You can also set QQ Player as the default player and select file formats to play. For instance, you can assign QQ Player to play only the specific file formats that the default Windows Media Player cant play. Below are the key features and the reasons why QQ Player is one of the Best Media Players for Windows for the year 2020.
- Take snapshots while playing a video and save it on your computer in JPG, PNG, or BMP format.
- The advanced splitting tool allows users to split the video into several parts.
- Cut unnecessary or unwanted scenes from a movie by using the cutting tool.
- Merge several videos or audio files into a single media format. You can merge different file types into the required output format.
- Wirelessly transfer videos, audios, pictures, and other media files to Android, iPhone, iPad, etc. using WiFi.
- Convert and play 2D movies in 3D with the help of QQ Player.
- It supports all types of subtitles, including SSA and ASS.
- QQ Player lets you compress large size videos and movies without losing their original quality to save disk space.
- Convert your audio and video files into several file formats faster than any audio/video converter.
- It also lets you play flash games on your computer.
Click on the link to Free Download QQ Player for Windows PC.
MediaMonkey is a multimedia player that helps you play audios/videos and also lets you download, transfer, share, convert, burn, record, organize, and manage media files. MediaMonkey offers hundreds of visualization effects, and it also lets you to download third-party add-ons to enhance its functionality. Furthermore, it allows users to create reports and statistics of their media collection in HTML, XML, or Excel files.
- Easily manage media library of over 10000 files.
- Organize media files in the library by song name, album, artist, year of release, genre, length, size, or rating.
- MediaMonkey Player supports most file formats, such as FLAC, AAC, MP4, AVI, PLS, M3U, CDA, MPC, and more.
- Edit tags manually or let MediaMonkey to tag media files intelligently by using the Auto-Tagger feature.
- Furthermore, you can conveniently change and rename audio/video files attributes such as track name, track number, title, series number, season number, album, artist, etc.
- Easily create playlists by drag & drop method.
- Download audio files from podcasts and save them in MP3 or WMV format.
- Moreover, you can sync your playlists between Windows PC and mobile phones.
- Share media files with BDPlayers, TVs, and other DLNA devices.
- Record CDs using M4A encoder, MP3 encoder, OGG encoder, WMA encoder, ALAC encoder, or FLAC encoder.
- Rip Audio CDs and retain the album information and tags.
- The software helps you backup useful media files by Burning them to CD, DVD, or Blu-ray disc.
Click on the link to Download MediaMonkey Full Version for Windows (32/64-Bit).
PotPlayer is a free-to-download OpenCodec media player developed by a South Korean organization called Daum (formerly known as Kakoa Communications). It takes the least system resources compared to the players on this list. The media player allows its users to make lots of modifications while providing lots of premium features and tools. PotPlayer keeps the UI very simple by hiding all the tools under the right-click context menu.
- Make color corrections to the Video as well as adjust sharpness, saturation, contrast, and brightness.
- Modify subtitles font size, style, color, and position.
- Control playback speed by slowing down the media up to 0.2x and fasten it to 12x.
- Moreover, You can make the player window stay on top of other windows as well as change its transparent.
- Enhanced hardware acceleration provides perfect video and audio quality without affecting the PC’s performance.
- You can further rotate, flip, extend, crop, set offset, resize, and deinterlace the video output.
- PotPlayer also lets you watch videos and movies in 3D by wearing 3D glasses.
- It supports several subtitles file format, including SMI, SSA, and Vobsub.
- Furthermore, you can quickly capture snapshots from movies, songs, tutorial videos, documentaries, etc. by clicking the capture button or by using the hotkey K.
- It allows you to play partially downloaded video files, broken files, and damaged media files from DVDs and CDs.
- You can download and apply third-party skins to change the appearance of the player.
Click on the link to Download PotPlayer Latest Version for PC.
2. GOM Player:
Developed in the year 2003, GOM Player has become one of the Best Media Players for Windows (32/64-Bit). GOM Player lets you play 4K, Ultra HD, as well as 360-degree videos without reducing the original audio/video quality. It also allows users to customize the interface by changing its skin and color theme.
- You can use the GOM Remote App, which will help you control the GOM Player on your PC for performing actions like play, stop, pause, adjust volume, and more.
- It can play partially downloaded IDM and torrent video files, which helps you to preview the content beforehand.
- GOM Player provides separate controls while watching 360-degree VR videos for user convenience.
- You can easily search and download subtitles within the player as well as modify its font color, background color, style, size, and more.
- Capture multiple snapshots with the help of the burst capture option.
- The A-B repeat feature lets you repeat/loop your favorite song or scene from a movie.
- Customize mouse controls and assign different operations for mouse clicks.
- GOM Player allows you to set keyboard hotkeys for over 50 commands.
- You can control video playback by slowing down or speeding up the video.
- It allows you to resume videos from where you stopped during your previous session. It also continues the playbacks from DVDs and CDs.
- Furthermore, you can clear all the playback history and logs to protect your privacy.
Click on the link to Free Download GOM Player Full Latest Version for Windows PC.
1. VLC Media Player:
VLC Media Player is the most used multimedia player by users all around the world. It is lite, simple, and offers so many features and tools. VLC Media Player has always been one of the Best Media Players for Windows for a long time. VLC started as an academic software in the ’90s, and since then, the developers are updating the software and adding new features to make it the best multimedia player for Windows. Though it is a multi-platform media player, people use it mostly on Windows PCs.
- VLC Media Player can play all types of media formats with the help of built-in codecs.
- You can record your favorite songs or scenes by using the Shift + R hotkey.
- You can also instantly capture several snapshots from the video by using the keyboard shortcut C.
- It is a complete ad-free freeware media player, which runs smoothly even on low-end computers.
- You can change the player skin as VLC Media Player is compatible with third-party plug-ins and skins.
- VLC can play HD, UHD, 4K, 8K, and even 3D videos.
- It also allows users to play 360-degree VR videos and control them easily by using mouse and keyboard.
- Furthermore, you can raise the audio volume to 200%
- You can also download videos from YouTube and other websites by using the URL.
- Adjust video hue, gamma, brightness, contrast, and saturation.
- You can also record desktop activities by using the capture device option in the Media menu.
- Convert media files into several other video formats as well as audio formats.
- Moreover, you can also stream media over the internet with the help of the VLC Media Player
- You don’t need a separate CD ripping tool as you can also Rip CDs and DVDs with the help of VLC.
- Listen, Subscribe, and Manage podcasts by using the built-in Podcast Manager.
- The best media player also allows you to set a video as your desktop background.
- Besides recording the desktop, the capture mode also allows you to record your Webcam.
- The video effects tab in the Tools menu allows you to add a watermark on the video. You can also adjust its position and transparency.
Click on the link to Download VLC Media Player for Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP (32/64-Bit).
System Requirements of the Best Media Players for Windows:
All the Best Media Players for Windows mentioned above don’t require much system resources, and they also support all platforms of Windows. You need to have the minimum requirements stated below to run all the media players smoothly on your PC.
- Operating System: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP (32&64-Bit)
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV or Later
- RAM: 512 MB Memory
- Hard Disk: 100 MB of free disk space
Conclusion of the Best Media Players for Windows for 2020:
In Conclusion to the Top 10 Best Media Players for Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP (32/64-Bit) for the year 2020, VLC proved to be the best among other media players because of its premium features and easily understandable user interface. The remaining media players also provide some unique features and tools. Therefore, you can download the media player that suits your requirements.