As the name suggests, FreeUndelete is a tool to undelete the files you have deleted by mistake or got deleted by any other means. Using FreeUndelete is not going to be tough, due to its friendly interface, anyone can download it and Restore their files. The download size of this free data recovery software is less than 1MB, and you can use it as a portable application.
How Does File Recovery work?
When you delete a file, it clears up space for other files, but the drive does not delete it completely from its memory. However, the drive will erase the files from memory completely if you overwrite the files with other files.
If you ever delete/lose your files by mistake, you can recover them by taking few precautions like you should not write, move or copy any data, as it could overwrite the deleted files which then cannot get recovered.
As soon as you find out that your files are accidentally deleted, you should use the FreeUndelete tool to recover them. Installing the Software could also lead to overwriting, that is why it also comes in Portable version, which you can select before installing the software. You can either download and use it by a Flash Drive or use the Portable Version during the Installation by clicking on the Advanced button and choosing the option Run without installing.
How to Use FreeUndelete to Recover Deleted Files:
- You can find a panel on the left to choose the drive from which you want to recover the files and click on the Scan button right above it to start the recovery process.
- It displays a list of files with recoverability status, date, folder, file name, size, and type. The recoverability status determines whether you can recover the files or not.
- Choose the files you want to recover and click on Undelete on the bottom right of the FreeUndelete tool interface.
As you can see the process is easy to perform and it’s fast to recover your deleted files
FreeUndelete for Windows System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 2000/ XP/ Vista/2003/ 2008/ 7/ 8/ 10 (32/64-Bit)
- RAM: 1 GB
- Hard Disk: Minimum 10MB Free Space for Installation
- CPU: Intel Pentium IV or Faster CPU
- Display: 640 x 480 or higher resolution, 256 colors
FreeUndelete Free Download Recovery Software Conclusion:
Using FreeUndelete, we can recover our deleted files with simple actions. Even though the application doesn’t come with any instructions, it is not tough to use even for those who are using the Recovery tool for the first time.