Download Skype for Windows Desktop, which is one of the best messenger tools that help you communicate with your family, friends, colleagues, and business associates conveniently. You can chat, make voice/video calls, and share files with your family and friends all around the world.
Skype allows users to make voice and video calls for free because it only requires an internet connection to work. You can make HD video calls to speak to your family, attend business meetings, arrange an interview, organize conferences, and much more.
Skype is the most used multi-platform messenger tool around the world. Besides allowing you to make calls, it also provides useful features like call recording, screen sharing, files transferring, and more. Most people prefer to Download Skype for Desktop because of its unique tools such as live subtitles generator, real-time voice translation, smart messaging, location sharing, call forwarding, and much more.
How to Set up Skype for Windows 10/8/7:
Below are the steps to set up Skype Account for Windows 10/8/7 (32/64-Bit):
- First, Download Skype for Windows Desktop by using the download link provided at the end of this article.
- Your browser or download manager will save the setup file in the Downloads folder. Therefore, go to the Downloads folder, and launch the Skype setup by double-clicking on the executable file.
- A Security Warning dialogue box by Windows pops up, asking whether you want to run the Skype setup file. Click on the Run button to continue.
- Another dialogue box appears asking for confirmation. You can continue the installation process by clicking on the Yes button, or abort the installation by clicking the No button.
- The Skype setup window appears with a ready to install message. Click on the Install button to begin the installation.
- The setup file extracts the files to the default destination folder, which is C:\Program Files\Skype.
- As soon as the installation is complete, the program launches itself. If not, you can start it using the desktop shortcut. Click on the Let’s Go option to continue. Next, click on the Sign-in or Create button to log in to your Skype account or create a new one.
Set up Skype Account:
- You can use your Skype ID, phone number, or email to log in, or click on the Create One option if you don’t have a Skype account.
- Next, you can use your phone number to create your account, or you can use your email ID instead of your phone number by clicking on the below option. Enter a valid Email address in the given box and click on the Next button. It also provides an option to create a new email address.
- After entering your Email ID, create a password for your Skype account. You can also see your password by clicking on the Show password option. Next, you need to enter your first name and last name in the given blanks, then click on the Next button.
- Skype asks you to verify your email account. You can find the four-digit Skype verification code in your email inbox. Enter the verification code and click on the Next button.
- Skype attempts to verify one more time by asking you to enter the characters you see in the picture. If you don’t understand the captcha, you can also change it by clicking on the New button. Visually challenged users can also use the Audio option to hear the words in the captcha. Click on the Next button after entering the characters.
Sign-in Using Skype Account:
- Next, you will see the signup window again. Click on Sign-in or Create button, then enter your verified Email ID and click on the Next button.
- You need to enter your Skype password and click on the Sign-in button. Skype asks you to provide a profile picture. You can add your profile pic or click on the Skip button to do it later.
- Next, the program asks you to set up your microphone and webcam. You can test the audio & video and make necessary changes in their settings. Or you can click on the Skip button to do it later.
- Next, the program displays find contacts page. You can change the privacy & cookies settings by clicking on the respective option, or click on the OK button to complete the Skype Setup. The program launches as soon as you hit the OK button.
You can also read Line Messenger Full Version for Windows 32/64-Bit.
Skype for Windows Desktop Main Features:
Simple User Interface:
Most people prefer to Download Skype for Desktop computers because of its simplified and easy-to-use interface. It is similar to most of the messenger tools but provides many more features. You can change the theme to dark in the settings menu to save power while on battery mode. And you can also change the color of the message balloons to make it look attractive. You will find all the chats, call history, contacts, and notifications in the left panel. The search bar helps you find your friends and business personals easily by entering their phone number, Email ID, or name.
Make Voice Calls:
You can make unlimited free Skype to Skype audio calls without spending a dollar by using Skype for Windows Desktop because it only requires an active internet connection to work. Skype also allows you to make calls on mobile phones and landlines, but you need to pay the subscription fees to use this service. It helps you communicate with people even when the other person does not have an internet connection. You can either choose the Per-Minute plan or a monthly unlimited plan depending on your necessity. Moreover, you can try the service free for a month and make calls to any mobile or landline all around the world. You can choose the subscription plan depending on your usage and region.
Get a Private Skype Number:
Most people don’t like to share their private phone numbers for business activities. Therefore, you can get a Private Skype number that allows you to make and receive calls from any device. You can also choose a country or region to get the local number. The messenger also allows you to send free messages with your Skype number. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about changing your business phone numbers while visiting other countries, as the Skype number works all around the world.
During video calls, some users find it difficult to understand what the other person is speaking. It could be because of the regional accent, outdoor noises, faulty input/output devices, or any other reasons. Therefore, the users can turn on the live subtitles feature, which helps them understand the other person more conveniently. Furthermore, you can also choose the subtitle language.
You can easily share your desktop screen even during a video call. Screen sharing is useful while giving presentations, giving tutorials, creating conferences, etc. You won’t require any screen recorders to record your conversations as you Download Skype for Windows Desktop. Furthermore, you can also mute the audio while recording video calls.
Skype Call Recording:
Skype for Windows Desktop also allows you to record voice and video calls. You can record presentations, family conversations, conferences, and watch them later. It records the video calls in HD, so make sure you have enough free storage on your device. Moreover, it saves the video/voice recording in the translated language.
Skype Latest Version helps you translate text, voice calls, and even video calls in real-time. Most business persons hesitate to contact people from other countries because they don’t speak or understand foreign languages. Therefore, you can Download Skype for Desktop PC to communicate and make business deals all around the world. The program instantly translates the other person’s voice or text message as soon as you hit the translate button.
Skype text translator can translate in over 60 different languages, but the voice translator currently translates only ten languages, which are English, German, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese, French, Arabic, Spanish, and Russian. You can translate from Spanish to English, German to English, and Vice Versa.
Skype added a feature to tag a particular person while in a group chat. It also provides lots of emojis to keep your conversation entertaining. It offers more than 500 unique emojis, and it is also easy to find the required emoji as Skype arranged them well in different categories. Emojis are a great way to express your feelings and emotions instead of writing. Moreover, you can also use unique GIFs and animated stickers.
The Private Conversations feature protects your information from getting leaked by using end-to-end encryption. Moreover, Skype hides private conversations from the chat list and also hides its notifications to keep your chats private. You can also use the Private Conversations feature while sharing private information, confidential documents, personal pictures, etc.
Users often find it hard and time-consuming to find old received media files in the chat. Therefore, Skype provides a Gallery button that helps users to see all the sent/received media files easily. Moreover, the gallery button also lets you find documents and websites links conveniently.
You can also share your physical location by using Skype for Windows Desktop. You can instantly share your current location by clicking on the share location button in your chat. Moreover, it also allows you to share the surrounding map along with your door and street number. It is a very helpful feature as you can quickly share your current location with your family members while using your laptop or mobile devices. The location-sharing feature is also available in the Skype App so that you can share your current location using your mobile phone.
Download Skype for Windows Desktop to share your files quickly and effortlessly. You can easily send images, documents, videos, audio files, and other files to the other person by using drag & drop method. But you may have to split huge files before sharing because Skype doesn’t allow you to send data of size more than 300 MB. You can easily compress and split large video files using a free video editor for Windows.
Forward Calls and Voicemail When Busy:
When you don’t have a proper internet connection, you can choose to forward Skype calls directly to your phone. You can also set the option to set up a voice mail message for your callers when you are not able to lift the call.
Split View is the newly introduced feature by Skype for Windows Desktop. Most Skype users find it tricky to have a conversation with two or more people at the same time. Therefore, the split view feature helps users to open separate windows for each chat so that the users can easily communicate with multiple people simultaneously.
More Features of Skype for Windows Desktop:
- Arrange video or audio conferences with up to 50 people.
- Host and receive interviews by using the user’s Email ID.
- Start making crystal clear HD video calls as soon as you Download Skype for Desktop.
- Skype helps you stay connected with your family, friends, and colleague from anywhere around the world.
- Blur distracting and unattractive background while making video calls.
- Quickly find any word or sentence in the chat by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + F.
- Setup caller identification so that other Skype users can recognize you when you call them.
- Easily add contacts to Skype by their name, Email ID, or Phone number.
System Requirements to Download Skype Latest Version:
Skype Latest Version is not compatible with older versions of Windows, such as Windows XP, Vista, 2000, etc. Therefore, you can only Download Skype for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. It requires a med-specs computer for making and recording HD video calls.
- Operating System: Windows 10/8/7 (32&64-Bit)
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV or Later
- RAM: 512 MB Memory
- Hard Disk: 100 MB of free disk space
- DirectX: v9.0 or Higher
Conclusion of Skype for Windows Desktop:
Skype for Windows Desktop helps you communicate with business associates, colleagues, family, and friends all across the world. Besides allowing you to make calls, it also lets you record the calls, translate voice/video calls, share location, transfer files, and much more. It is the only free messenger tool for Windows that provides a split view feature. Moreover, you can also make unlimited calls to mobile phones and landlines in other countries by paying monthly subscription fees.
You can Download Skype for Windows 7/8/10 (32/64-bit) by using the link provided below.
–>>”Windows 32 Bit“<<–
–>>”Windows 64 Bit“<<–