Gilisoft USB Lock Full Version is one of the best security tool for Windows that helps users to protect their private and confidential data by locking the USB drives. It not only secures your USB drives, but can also lock CD drive, websites, programs, and other connected devices.
While having a multi-user computer, it is necessary to protect your data from getting stolen by other users. Therefore, you need to have reliable security software that can help you protect your data by locking and encrypting it. Continue reading the Gilisoft USB Lock Review for the installation guide and detailed explanation of all the features.
Installation Steps for Gilisoft USB Lock for Windows:
- You can download the software by clicking on the link provided at the bottom of this Gilisoft USB Lock Review.
- As you click on the download button, your browser will save the setup file in the Downloads folder. Therefore, Goto the Downloads folder then double-click on the executable setup file to start the installation process.
- A user account control window appears, where you need to click on the Yes button to continue.
- Next, the setup will ask you to select the installation language, By default, the installation language is English, but you can also select other languages from the drop-down menu. Click on the OK button after making your selection.
- Gilisoft USB Lock Full Version asks you to provide a password and a working Email ID before installing the program. After entering the master password and email ID twice, you can click on the Next button. (Note: you can also change the password and email later).
Starting the Setup:
- The Gilisoft USB Lock 8.5.0 setup windows appear asking you to click on the Next button to commence the installation.
- The setup will show a license agreement page where you need to accept the agreement and click on Next.
- Next, you need to select a destination folder. You can either continue with the default destination folder or select another folder by clicking on the browse button. It also shows the disk space required for the setup to install the program. After picking the destination folder, click on the Next button.
- The setup will ask you to select the start menu folder. You can change the default start folder by clicking on the browse button and then click on the Next button to move further.
- The setup will further ask you to select additional tasks. You can choose to create a desktop icon & a quick launch icon by selecting the respective options. Click on Next to proceed with the installation process.
- Next, you can review your selections and choose to install the program or go back and make any required changes. Click on the install button to begin the installation.
- The setup will extract/copy all the files to the chosen destination folder.
- Finally, the setup asks you to restart your Windows PC for the program to work precisely. You can also choose to restart the computer later by selecting the No option. Click on the Finish button to close the setup window.
- Another user account control window appears while launching the software. Click on the yes button to run the program.
- The program will then ask you to enter the master password provided at the beginning of the installation process to launch and use Gilisoft USB Lock Full Version.
Gilisoft USB Lock Full Version Key Features:
USB & CD Lock:
Gilisoft USB Lock Full Version lets you lock the USB and CD drive so that others cannot copy or steal data from your device. Locking the USB drive will also stop viruses from invading your computer through USB devices. You can further block non-system drives, CDs, DVDs, Android mobile, iPhones, and other removable devices. Therefore, you need to enter the master password, provided at the time of installation, to unblock and access the removable devices. Though you can bypass the process by adding your devices to the trusted white-list. Moreover, you can allow the removable devices with certain conditions such as disabling writing to USB disk, burning data to CD/DVD, etc. You can also disable the auto-run feature even on trusted devices.
The free encryption software for Windows 7/10 helps you restrict access to specific websites. In the website lock menu, click on the add button and paste the URL of the site that you want to block. And Gilisoft USB Lock 8.5 will block access to those websites. It helps you restrict your children and younger ones from surfing specific harmful sites. You can also prevent other users from changing the IP address, which will disable the VPN service as well. Furthermore, you can also disable network adapters to restrict file sharing.
The Program Lock feature in Gilisoft USB Lock Full Version lets you disable the registry editor, task manager, and remote desktop connection. As task manager and registry editor are tools for advanced users, you can restrict non-technicians from altering the settings by disabling them. You can also block users from running specific installed applications by adding them to the restriction list.
Gilisoft USB Lock for Windows also lets you lock connected devices. As the security software provides overall protection, it prevents other users from stealing your data using wireless connections like Bluetooth and Infrared. You can disable Bluetooth, COM, LPT, Infrared, and HDMI port to restrict the transferring of data. It also allows you to block printer, to make sure your confidential documents don’t get leaked. Moreover, you can also disable the modem to stop unauthorized usage of your bandwidth data.
You can select the option to get a notification on your email automatically when the user entered the wrong password more than five times. The Email notification alerts you if others are trying to access your locked content without your authorization. Besides getting an Email notification, you can also choose to disable the account login temporarily for 10 minutes. There is also an option to auto pop-up the check password dialog box whenever you plug-in a USB device.
Reports and Logs:
The free USB disk security software for Windows stores all the logs and reports of USB activities. It also shows the history of devices that were allowed/denied access. You can click on the advanced settings button to sort and filter the items in the list.
System Requirements of Gilisoft USB Lock Full Version:
Gilisoft USB Lock Full Version support all versions of Windows, and it runs fine on a medium specs computer.
- Operating System: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP (32&64-Bit)
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV or Later
- RAM: 512 MB Memory
- Hard Disk: 100 MB of free disk space
Gilisoft USB Lock Review Conclusion:
Gilisoft USB Lock Review concludes that it is one of the best softwares to protect your confidential and private information by locking USB drives, CD/DVD drives, and other connected devices. You can also prevent other users from running specific programs and websites by adding them to the restriction list. The download link of Gilisoft USB Lock Full Version for Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP (32/64-Bit) is available below.