iolo System Mechanic is one of the best utilities for Windows that optimizes your PC for improving its performance. The PC optimization tool also monitors your PC to protect you from malware and other threats. It provides lots of useful tools for optimizing and protecting your PC, which we are going to discuss later in this iolo System Mechanic Review.
The system optimization tool by iolo helps you clean up your PC and boost its performance with a single click. It also provides you tools like unwanted programs remover and memory mechanic to block unnecessary programs from using system resources. You can also reinstall Windows OS without losing your data with the help of the system restore tool. Moreover, it offers an enhanced system shield, which guards your valuable data against hackers and other threats. Keep reading the iolo System Mechanic Review for the installation guide and detailed explanation of all the features.
Installation Steps of iolo System Mechanic for Windows 10/7:
- You can click on the link provided at the bottom of this iolo System Mechanic Review to download the utility for Windows 10/8.1/8/7 (32/64-Bit).
- Your web browser will save the installation file in the Downloads folder. Therefore, you need to go to the Downloads folder and double-click on the iolo System Mechanic executable file to launch the setup.
- Windows user account control box pops up asking for your confirmation to run the file. Click on the Yes button to continue the installation process, or click on No to cancel the installation.
- The iolo download manager downloads the updated version of the software and asks whether you want to save the new setup file on your computer. Click on the Yes button to save.
- You can select the destination folder, rename the file, and click on the Save button. (Note that it is necessary to have the latest version of dot NET to use the features like PC booster and internet booster, which we will discuss later in this iolo System Mechanic Review).
- Therefore, the program asks you to install the latest version of the Microsoft dot Net Framework before installing the application. Click on Yes to download dot NET or click on the No button if you already have the latest version installed on your computer.
- As soon as you click on the Yes button, the dot NET Framework setup appears. You need to accept the license terms and click on the Install button.
- The setup will download the latest version of dot NET and installs it automatically.
Continue the Setup:
- Next, the iolo setup asks you to close specific programs to continue the installation. You can save your work and close the programs manually, or simply click on the Yes button. After the dot NET installation is complete, you can click on the Finish button to close the setup window.
- The iolo System Mechanic Setup automatically starts after you hit the finish button. If not, you can double-click on the executable file again to launch the setup. iolo System Mechanic setup window appears and asks you to select the setup language. You can choose the required language and click on the Next button to continue.
- Next, you need to click on the Custom Install button to proceed further.
- You can change the default destination folder by clicking on the browse button. After you select the destination folder, click on the OK button to continue. Next, you can click on the Install button to commence the iolo System Mechanic installation.
- The setup installs the iolo System Mechanic in the selected destination folder. Finally, you select the option to start System Mechanic and click on the finish button.
- The program takes a few seconds for loading, and it automatically starts performing a quick scan. The user interface is described further in this iolo System Mechanic Review.
User Interface of iolo System Mechanic for Windows 7/10:
iolo System Mechanic User Interface may look complicated at first for new users, but you will get used to it after running it a couple of times. The dashboard shows quick scan results performed while launching the program along with the system status and number of issues found. You can also conduct a quick scan or a full scan from the dashboard.
The best PC optimizer uses a dark theme to save power. It has four tabs on the top that are System Mechanic, Privacy Guardian, ByePass, and Malware Killer. You will find the menu bar on the left that consists of all the tools well arranged in their respective menus.
iolo System Mechanic Key Features:
The program recommends you to enable the ActiveCare feature as soon as you download & install iolo System Mechanic for Windows PC. The ActiveCare tool automatically analyzes your Windows PC and repair all the problems as soon as possible. By enabling the ActiveCare feature, you will activate On-Demand Boost, Registry Cleanup, Startup Optimizer, and Defragmentation tools. It also removes Windows Junk files and temporary internet files. Moreover, it allows you to choose specific tools to activate with the ActiveCare feature. You can also schedule the ActiveCare feature to scan your PC daily, weekly, monthly, or hourly.
Enhanced System Shield:
As mentioned before in this iolo System Mechanic Review, the Enhanced System Shield employs VB100 certified antivirus solution to detect malware signatures. It also utilizes the behavior monitoring heuristics to identify and eliminate the threat even before your regular antivirus program recognizes it. It also shows Windows Firewall status and allows you to enable and disable it manually.
Search & Recover:
The enhanced search & recover feature lets you retrieve accidentally deleted and lost files from your hard disk. It runs a deep scan to find the traces of the deleted files and provides a list of all the recoverable files. You can watch the preview of the selected file and select all the files and folders to recover. Note that the files erased by the incinerator tool or any other file shredder tools are not recoverable.
Therefore, you can delete files using the incinerator tool provided by iolo System Mechanic, which removes your classified files and overwrite them several times until the data is damaged and makes sure it is non-recoverable. Moreover, you can use the DriveScrubber tool to erase already deleted files from the hard disk. The DriveScrubber tool scans your hard drive and overwrites all the data you deleted before installing the software.
The free PC optimizer for Windows runs in the background and fixes issues instantly. It adjusts Windows settings in Real-Time for improving system memory, processor, and hard disk stability. Moreover, it automatically runs the quick scan whenever your Windows PC is idle to ensure your computer is always working in good condition. You can click on the Real-Time boost option from the Live Boost menu to see Real-Time CPU usage, processor speed, responsiveness, and more.
Most users struggle with lags and performance issues while playing full-screen games and streaming. It happens because gaming and steaming require more system resources, and the services running in the background occupy lots of system resources. Therefore, you can use the 1-Click boost option, which stops the unnecessary background services to give a better gaming experience. You can set the on-demand boost between Low or High. You can activate the On-Demand Boost option in the LiveBoost menu. It shows all the list of all the stopped unnecessary services.
As discussed at the beginning of this iolo System Mechanic Review, you can clean up your PC with a single click. You will find the all-in-one PC Cleanup tool in the toolbar menu. It helps you clean over fifty types of junks such as invalid fonts, invalid auto-run programs, unused software keys, temporary files, broken shortcuts, memory dump files, log files, browser cache, broken registry entries, website cookies, download history, recent document history, and more. Furthermore, you can also choose to cleanup internet files, Windows files, and registry entries separately.
The default uninstaller by Windows does not let users uninstall or remove the pre-installed bloatware apps. Moreover, most programs leave behind leftovers and residue files on your hard disk when you uninstall them. Therefore, you can use the Advanced Uninstaller tool by iolo System Mechanic that not only helps you uninstall Windows pre-installed apps but also removes any leftovers and residue files after uninstalling the program.
DriveScrubber & Incinerator:
When people delete their private and confidential files, Windows still store them on the hard disk until other files completely overwrite the deleted data. Hence, it is easy for other users and hackers to retrieve the deleted files conveniently with the help of recovery tools for Windows.
Most of the Windows users are unaware of the word Windows Registry. Windows Registry stores the information, settings, and preferences of all the installed software and hardware connected to your PC. When you install a program, it stores its data in Windows Registry in the form of registry entries. When you uninstall a program, few registry entries are leftover, and they stack up the Windows entries making it difficult for new registry entries. Therefore, the Registry tuner feature by iolo System Mechanic for Windows 10/7 lets you clean unnecessary and broken registries, which helps you enhance your PC’s performance.
The Internet Accelerator (Net Booster) tool optimizes hidden internet connection settings to boost your internet speed. It is a useful tool for all the users as they can speed up their internet with a single click even without having technical knowledge. It automatically optimizes the maximum transfer unit, direct cache access, ECN capability, DNS settings, and more to increase your internet speed and stability.
Unwanted Programs Remover:
As mentioned earlier in this iolo System Mechanic Review, the optimization tool helps you remove unwanted programs. There are some programs on your PC that are rarely used but drains your computer’s resources by running in the background. Therefore, iolo System Mechanic identifies and notifies you of deceptive and PUP (Potentially Unwanted Programs), which also helps in improving the system’s performance.
When you delete or move files on your computer, they leave free spaces (or void) on the hard disk. And when you copy a large file or install a program, Windows OS splits the files to fill the free spaces. The Disk Defragmentation tool brings the scattered file fragments together to help the processor access all the data and launch the program/file quickly.
As we discussed earlier in this iolo System Mechanic Review, you can also restore your computer to its previous working condition. Sometimes, if you interrupt the Windows update, it causes system crashes and creates several issues. Therefore, you can use the System Restore tool to uninstall the previous update.
iolo System Mechanic for Windows also allows you to reinstall Windows completely. You can also choose to keep your installed programs, pictures, documents, and other files or erase everything during the re-installation process. The all-in-one utility also lets you configure system restore settings, such as managing disk space, creating restore points as well as deleting them.
The Startup Optimizer helps you disable auto-start for unnecessary and potentially unwanted programs to improve Windows startup speed. You can disable programs, which do not need to start with Windows, such as PDF reader, torrent client, download manager, etc. Furthermore, you can also use the delay option to let the program start after Windows starts, which won’t slow down the Windows boot speed.
As mentioned before in the iolo System Mechanic Review, the Memory Mechanic helps you defragment RAM Memory to boost your PC’s stability, speed, and performance. It displays a graphical interface of the RAM Memory and shows the available memory as well as the memory in use. You can quickly optimize the RAM Memory by clicking on the Defragment Now button.
Super Control Panel:
The Super Control Panel is an advanced variant of the Windows default control panel. It provides all the Windows settings under a single window to make it convenient for users to access the required item. iolo System Mechanic grouped all the settings in their respective categories, and it also provides a search bar, which helps you find the item quickly.
The free system optimizer for Windows also provides the ByePass tool that protects your identity and personal information from getting leaked by using military-grade encryption. You need to integrate ByePass tool to your default web browser to protect your passwords, credit card numbers, personal details, etc. while making online transactions.
The Malware Killer tool performs a deep scan to identify malware by its suspicious activities and remove it immediately. It analyzes the suspicious malware signature samples in the Cloud by using the most extensive database before taking any further action.
System Requirements of iolo System Mechanic Free Download:
The optimization utility has lots of features as we discussed in this iolo System Mechanic Review, but it is not compatible with older versions of Windows (Windows Vista, XP, 2000, etc.)
- Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/7 (32&64-Bit)
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV or Later
- RAM: 512 MB Memory
- Hard Disk: 30 MB of free disk space
- dot NET Framework: Version 4.6.2 or Later
Conclusion of iolo System Mechanic Review:
In Conclusion to iolo System Mechanic Review, it is one of the best system optimization tools that help users to enhance their Windows PC performance. It also allows users to protect their privacy by cleaning up their traces. The 1-Click booster and 1-Click optimization tool help users to optimize their PC without technical knowledge. Moreover, it provides a file recovery as well as a file shredder along with many other useful tools. You can Free Download iolo System Mechanic for Windows 10/8.1/8/7 (32/64-Bit) by using the link given below.