Revo Uninstaller helps you remove stubborn programs and delete leftover files. When you uninstall softwares, some of them leave residue files behind that cause errors while installing other programs. It also provides tools to help you clean up junk and temporary files from your Windows PC. All the tools and features are explained later in this Revo Uninstaller Review.
Revo Uninstaller 2.1 is one of the best utility for Windows that helps you improve your Windows PC performance by removing unnecessary applications, leftovers, and junk files. Besides uninstalling programs, it offers features like auto-run manager, junk cleaner, browser cleaner, evidence remover, MS Office Cleaner, unrecoverable delete, Windows cleaner, and more. Continue reading this Revo Uninstaller Review for the installation guide and detailed explanation of all the features.
Installation Steps of Revo Uninstaller for Windows 10/7:
- You can conveniently download Revo Uninstaller for Windows 10/8/7 (32/64-Bit) by using the link provided at the end of this Revo Uninstaller Review article.
- As you click on the download button, your web browser or download manager will save the file in your Downloads folder. Hence, go to your Downloads folder and double click on the Revo Uninstaller setup file to begin the installation process.
- A security warning dialogue box appears asking whether you want to run the setup file. Click on the Run button to continue.
- Then a user account control window pops up, asking to confirm your action. Clicking on the Yes button will continue the setup, whereas clicking on the No button will abort the installation process.
- Next, you need to select the setup language. You can continue with the default language, which is English, or you can choose a different language from the drop-down menu.
Starting the Setup:
- The setup window appears and shows the license agreement page. You have to accept the agreement and then click on the Next button.
- Next, the setup asks you to select the destination folder. You can pick a different destination folder by clicking on the browse button or proceed with the default destination folder, which is C:\Program Files\VS Revo Group\Revo Uninstaller. It also shows you the free disk space required to install the program, which is very less.
- As you click on the browse button and choose a different folder, you can click on OK, then click on the Next button to proceed with the installation.
- The setup shows the select additional tasks page, where you can choose to create a desktop shortcut or not. You can select or unselect the option and click on the Next button.
- Next, the setup shows all your selections, and it also allows you to go back and make necessary changes. You can click on the Install button to commence the installation.
- The Revo setup will extract all the files to the destination folder.
- Finally, you can select the option to launch Revo Uninstaller and click on the Finish button to complete the installation.
- The program automatically launches as soon as you hit the finish button. It has an understandable user interface, which is explained later in this Revo Uninstaller Review.
Revo Uninstaller Free for Windows Key Features:
Understandable User Interface:
Revo Uninstaller keeps the user interface simple and easy to understand. It has a main toolbar at the top that contains all the menus, and a description panel at the bottom that gives a brief description of the selected tool or menu. The uninstaller menu shows all the installed programs in a list view with its name, size, version number, type of configuration, date of installation, company, official website, and comments. The main toolbar also contains menus like Windows Apps, Hunter Mode, and Tools, which are discussed later in this Revo Uninstaller Review.
You can also go to the options menu, refresh the page, and change the view type from the main toolbar. By default, it shows a detailed view, but you can also change it to a list or icon view. The program also shows a repair tool in the main toolbar after you select an application, which will help you to reinstall the chosen application to resolve errors.
Users often face problems protecting their privacy on multi-user computers as their search history and recent file history is visible to all the other users. Therefore, the free uninstaller for Windows not only helps you protect your privacy by clearing history logs but also frees up disk space by removing Windows temporary and junk files. It gives you options to erase/remove recent document history, start menu run history, search history, ms paint recent file history, ms Wordpad recent file history, last visited folder history, start menu usage logs, clipboard data, recycle bin files, thumbnail cache, Windows temporary files, and other junk files.
Uninstall Windows Apps:
The latest versions of Windows such as Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 comes with lots of pre-installed bloatware applications. There might be a few useful applications such as calculator, Skype, maps, voice recorder, etc. But there are lots of other apps that users find useless and memory consuming, such as 3D builder, OneNote, sports, Xbox, and more. These pre-installed bloatware applications are hard to delete as they do not appear in the Windows default uninstaller.
Therefore, you can download Revo Uninstaller for Windows 10/8.1/8 to remove these applications easily and quickly. As you click on the Windows App menu in the main toolbar, it displays the list of Windows pre-installed apps along with its size, install date, version number, publisher, and description. You can select any application and click on the uninstall button to permanently delete that application. Revo Uninstaller Pro version lets you select multiple items to delete in bulk.
Junk Files Cleaner:
As mentioned earlier in this Revo Uninstaller Review, the software removes all the junk and unnecessary files from your computer, which will free up disk space as well as speed up your computer’s performance. Junk files mostly consist of residue and leftover files. When you install, uninstall, and use a program, it creates temporary files. Sometimes, these files remain permanently, and it is impossible to find and delete these leftovers and residue files manually. Therefore, you can download the Revo Uninstaller Latest Version 2.1.0 on your PC and removes these junk files effortlessly.
Frequently, some softwares do not appear in the installed program list, which makes it difficult for users to uninstall those softwares. Therefore Revo Uninstaller Latest Version for Windows 10/7 provides a Hunter mode, which will help you find and uninstall the program quickly. It offers a floating cross-hair, which you can drag and drop on any application or icon to uninstall it. You will also find options to kill the process, stop auto-sharing, open containing folder, check properties, kill & delete the process, and more as shown in the below image. You can also increase/decrease the cross-hair size, and adjust its transparency.
The Autorun Manager by Revo Uninstaller shows a list of programs and services that automatically starts up with Windows. It also allows you to remove specific programs and services from the list as these programs eventually slow down Windows boot-up speed. Some system services must start with Windows to work correctly, such as antivirus programs, audio drivers, etc. Therefore, you should only remove unnecessary programs from the startup program list like adobe reader, download manager, torrent client, etc.
Revo Uninstaller lets you clear browser temporary files to improve your browsing speed. You can select particular items to delete from specific web browsers. It allows you to clear visited internet web pages history, address bar history, temporary internet files, download history, form history, session history, cookies, and index files. The latest version supports all the major web browsers for Windows, which are Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer.
Microsoft Office Cleaner:
Revo Uninstaller also allows you to clear the MS office history with a single click. It helps you protect your privacy, as MS Office often shows the recently opened documents, editing spreadsheets, and more. You can select and clear the history of individual items like Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and FrontPage.
Windows OS also comes with some useful advanced tools. As many users find it hard to find the required tools in the control panel, Revo Uninstaller Provides all the mostly used tools under a single window. In the Windows tools menu, you will find tools like system restore, system properties, disk defragmenter, network information, system information, command prompt, on-screen keyboard, services, security center, shared folders, add/remove programs (Windows uninstaller), Windows backup, task scheduler, check disk, system file checker, and few more. Note that these are advanced Windows tools, and non-technicians should not use them without proper knowledge or experience.
Evidence Remover & Unrecoverable Delete:
When you delete or remove files from your PC, Windows marks them as deleted, but they still exist on your hard drive. It helps other users to retrieve the deleted files easily by using a reliable backup software for Windows. Therefore Revo Uninstaller offers two tools, which help you erase data permanently from your hard disk drive. You can add files and folders to the unrecoverable delete tool list and let it delete the files permanently by overwriting the files with random data.
The Unrecoverable Delete option helps you add and delete data permanently, whereas the Evidence Remover tool erases already deleted data permanently from your hard drive. After selecting the Evidence Removal tool, you need to choose the drive partitions and click on Execute. The Evidence Remover tool will scan for already deleted data and damages it by overwriting it with other files and folders to make it unrecoverable.
You can exclude programs, junk files, and registries in the options menu. You will find options to ignore the files accessed in the last 24 hours, exclude temporary files by extensions, delete all junk files to recycle bin, and more. It also provides options to enable fast loading mode, delete leftovers files to recycle bin, modify the toolbar icons, change the user interface language, and more.
System Requirements for Revo Uninstaller:
As stated at the beginning of this Revo Uninstaller Review, the software takes very little space on your hard disk. It is compatible with all versions of Windows and requires a minimum amount of system resources to run. Therefore, you can install the utility even on low-end PCs.
- Operating System: Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP (32&64-Bit)
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV or Later
- RAM: 256 MB Memory
- Hard Disk: 50 MB of free disk space
Conclusion of Revo Uninstaller Review:
In conclusion to this Revo Uninstaller Review, it is one of the best uninstallers for Windows that helps you clean junk files and keeps your computer in good working condition. You can uninstall stubborn programs and Windows built-in pre-installed applications. It also helps you in removing temporary & junk files to free up disk space and speed up your PC. The hunter mode lets you stop running processes and uninstall programs that are not visible in the active program and services list. Moreover, it also provides a file shredder that helps you erase your confidential data permanently from the hard disk. The download link for Revo Uninstaller for Windows 7/8/10/Vista/XP (32/64-Bit) is available right below.