We all know that VLC is the best media player for listening to music and watching the videos. But do you know that the VLC also used to record the screen and works as the desktop or screen recorder? Yes, it’s true! VLC includes one of the best tools, namely, Desktop Capture. With the help of this inbuilt screen capturing tool, the users can easily and simply record the desktop and save it any video format. For that, you have to download & install the VLC Media Player on your Windows 7/10 devices.
Explain Screen Recorder or Desktop Recorder:
A screen recorder is the best utility that helps the user to record or capture the desktop or laptop or any type of device. With this screen recording software, you can record the full screen or part of it by selecting the area using the mouse pointer. After recording, you can save it any video format you want. The advantages of this desktop recorders are creating slideshows, video clips, PowerPoint Presentation with own voiceover, movie recording, etc.
Why VLC Desktop Recorder?
VLC is the top multimedia player that supports a huge number of audio & video files to play on it. The file is of any music/video type it plays without rising compatible issues. Millions of users all over the world are using this VLC as their default media player. Due to its inbuilt features, supported codecs, simple interface, and tools, it became more popular when compared with other applications. One such tool that keeps VLC at the top place is Desktop Recorder. With the VLC Desktop Recorder, the user can record or capture the screen of any system such as personal computer and laptop. You can install this software on all versions Windows OS like XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10. With the flexible options provided by the free VLC Screen Recorder, you can capture both the full screen and specified part of it. Moreover, it provides different video formats for saving the recorded file, which also includes HD formats.
How to Record the Screen using VLC Screen Recorder for Windows 7/10?
- After setting up the VLC Media Player on your computer. Navigate to the Media Menu and click the “Open Capture Media” option.
- Then it directly switches to the Capture Device tab. In that, you’ll find Capture Mode section, select the Desktop option from the drop-down list.
- Next, you need to provide any number for recording the desktop according to that frames per second. For normal recording, you can give 15 FPS, and in case, if you want to record high-quality video, then provide 30 FPS under the Desired Frame Rate for Capture section.
- After that, tap the drop-down icon beside the Play option and select the Convert option.
- In the next step, click the browse button and type the file name to save the recorded video.
- Finally, click the Start button to begin the desktop recording.
- You can pause and resume the recording whenever you want. By clicking the Stop button, the recording gets stopped and automatically saved to the specified output folder.
- By this, the VLC Screen Recorder captures the desired area or full desktop on your Windows 7/10 PCs.
VLC Desktop Recorder System Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 (32/64-Bit)
- RAM: 512 MB or More
- Hard-disk: 50 MB of free space
- Processor: Intel Pentium IV or Faster CPU
Click the below download button to download the VLC Media Player and get access to the VLC Desktop Recorder.